We are hiring a Sales Manager
VIO AG Pharmaceuticals S.A. is the wholly owned subsidiary of VIO Chemicals AG in Greece. VIO Chemicals AG is a science and technological innovation driven chemical company that creates complete solutions for leading industries, from idea to market. With core competencies in custom design, development and production of specialty chemicals, intermediates and APIs, VIO Chemicals provides a full range of services to the world’s leading chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food and nutraceutical companies. The company is committed to the principles of sustainable use of chemistry and to its social and ethical responsibilities in all its operations. VIO Chemicals has its headquarters in Zurich. It operates in 4 countries – Switzerland, Greece, China, India - and has sales agents in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
VIO AG Pharmaceuticals is responsible for marketing intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and is solely dedicated to serving end users and dealers in the pharmaceutical industry. For more information, please visit www.viopharmaceuticals.com.
VIO Chemicals is looking for a results-oriented Sales Manager for its intermediates and API business portfolio. The main market of the company is in Europe.
The position is based in Greece, preferably at the company’s office in Thessaloniki, but remote working is also possible.
You will drive the growth of the company’s API and intermediates sales and new business segments. You will be able to understand the technical background, compliance standards and latest regulatory developments in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries and regulated markets. The position reports directly to the CEO of the company.
- Set short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluate effectiveness of current API and intermediates sales programmes.
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
- Provide proactive support and further development of existing customers.
- Drive acquisition of new customers, expansion of the business unit and development of new markets and countries.
- Account and project management, from A to Z: acting as the customer’s day-to-day point of contact, handling account renewals and upsells, and helping clients strategize product applications.
- Responsibility for achieving revenue and profit targets.
- Provide market insight, co-development and implementation of market penetration strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MSc in Chemistry is required. PhD is an asset.
- Proven experience in B2B sales in the chemical, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and/or cosmetics industries is desirable.
- Past experience in working with R&D teams and understanding of custom synthesis and supply chain of chemicals is desirable.
- Regular travel, mainly in Europe, is mandatory.
- Fluency in English is a must. Good knowledge of any other languages is an asset.
- Good knowledge of CRM software is desirable.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain positive lifelong business relationships
- Experience in contract negotiation is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to speak and write clearly and convincingly.
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility, flexible and reliable
- Ability to work in a team
Full-time, based in Greece.
Expected starting date:
As soon as possible.
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter (1 page max.) and your CV in English, explaining why you would like to work with us and what you can bring to this position, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 13 of November 2020.
Due to the volume of applications expected, we are unable to provide feedback on all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.